“Political Language is designed to make lies sound truthful, and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidarity to pure wind.” George Orwell The rhetoric of the so-called right and the left are, as I type, reaching a fevered pitch. It’s not that I’m anti-rhetoric. I love the Big R. But the nature of this is getting beyond enjoyable. One side pronounces Obama a devil, the other side a savior. Couple the hyperbole stemming from the inauguration... Read More
Against Me amish amy laura hall anarchism animal rights animal theology augustine Ayn Rand bob larson Christian anarchism christian ethics christianity christian nonviolence church and state cindy jacobs comic books Daniel Berrigan demons devil evan dorkin god Greg Boyd guns homosexuality Jane Goodall jesus John Howard Yoder LGBT marc bekoff Mark Driscoll martyrdom Marx Brothers Matt Litton mennonite mennonites Noam Chomsky Propagandhi satan Shane Claiborne spiritual warfare St. Francis The Devil Wears Nada theology tripp york voting
- Esther Aspling on “When I met you I said my name was Rich . . . “
- Dusty on “When I met you I said my name was Rich . . . “
- David Penn on “When I met you I said my name was Rich . . . “
- Craig on “When I met you I said my name was Rich . . . “
- theamishjihadist on How about a name to go along with that electric prod?