We Filmwell writers are aficionados of the kind of films most people never hear about: foreign movies, realism, character-driven stories – the little, the obscure, the transcendent. Sure, we like our blockbusters, but sometimes it’s the little films that really sit in your soul. But that’s not what I’m thinking about today. My husband works in film and we love these moderately obscure movies, too. After all, we spent New Year’s Eve at the Che roadshow... Read More
- Jimmy_Melnarik on To The Wonder (Malick, 2013)
- Ashley on Taylor-Made: Why You’re Missing Out If You Don’t Go See Blue Like Jazz
- Ian Miller on Ten Notes on “Elementary”; or, Why Can’t I Love It?
- Olson’s 2013 Favorite Films : Filmwell on This is Martin Bonner (Hartigan, 2013)
- petals on a wet, black bough: the high-speed videos of Adam Magyar | troutfactory notebook on D’Est (Akerman, 1993)
Abbas Kiarostami About Elly Andre Bazin Andrei Tarkovsky anime a serious man Barcelona Cat People Cineaste contemplative cinema Dardenne David Lynch Detective Cinema Detective Fiction DVD Review Filmmaker Wisdom Hayao Miyazaki Iranian Cinema Jacques Tourneur Jeffrey Overstreet Lake Tahoe Lauren Wilford Lee Isaac Chung Leos Carax Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne Malick Mamoru Hosoda Metropolitan Mother National Film Board Park Chan-wook Pixar Robert Bresson Roberto Rossellini Sherlock Holmes Silent Light SLIFF Still Walking Tarkovsky Terrence Malick The Auteurs The Last Days Of Disco Tree of Life Viewer Discussion Advised with Jeffrey Overstreet Whit Stillman