“Are Mel Gibson’s eyes really that blue, or does he wear contacts or something?” my little sister asked me after The Beaver. In the era of color-grading, you can never be quite sure– but Mel’s piercing blue eyes are a Hollywood relic. “Piercing” isn’t really the word that I would use anymore, though. It’s too active. It implies focus, control– traits... Read More
- Ian Miller on Ten Notes on “Elementary”; or, Why Can’t I Love It?
- CAPC Podcast #8 - The Oscars! - Christ and Pop Culture on Olson’s Favorite Films of 2013
- Olson’s 2013 Favorite Films : Filmwell on This is Martin Bonner (Hartigan, 2013)
- petals on a wet, black bough: the high-speed videos of Adam Magyar | troutfactory notebook on D’Est (Akerman, 1993)
- Anonymous on Jacques Tourneur, B Movie Auteur (Part 2): I Walked With A Zombie (1943)
Abbas Kiarostami About Elly Andre Bazin Andrei Tarkovsky anime a serious man Barcelona Cat People Cineaste contemplative cinema Dardenne David Lynch Detective Cinema Detective Fiction DVD Review Filmmaker Wisdom Hayao Miyazaki Iranian Cinema Jacques Tourneur Jeffrey Overstreet Lake Tahoe Lauren Wilford Lee Isaac Chung Leos Carax Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne Malick Mamoru Hosoda Metropolitan Mother National Film Board Park Chan-wook Pixar Robert Bresson Roberto Rossellini Sherlock Holmes Silent Light SLIFF Still Walking Tarkovsky Terrence Malick The Auteurs The Last Days Of Disco Tree of Life Viewer Discussion Advised with Jeffrey Overstreet Whit Stillman