The documentary The People vs. George Lucas, with all its jokes about Ewoks and midi-chlorians, is perhaps destined to be enjoyed most by Star Wars superfans. However, it raises a series of intriguing questions about creativity and control which extend far beyond a certain “galaxy far, far away.” Who “owns” a film or work of art, especially in this digital age? The auteur director? The writers or producers? The corporations that underwrite big-budget... Read More
An unknown error occured.
- Book Recommendations for Theology and Pop Culture? November 26, 2013 Brett David Potter
- BREAKING BAD ROUNDTABLE: SERIES FINALE September 30, 2013 zsettle
- BREAKING BAD ROUNDTABLE: SEASON 5, EPISODE 15 September 23, 2013 zsettle
- BREAKING BAD ROUNDTABLE: SEASON 5, EPISODE 14 September 16, 2013 zsettle
- Breaking Bad Roundtable: Season 5, Episode 13 September 9, 2013 zsettle
AMC Apocalypse art Breaking Bad Cake Boss Christian Consumer Christianity Christmas Community consumerism creativity Culture Derek Webb Evangelicalism faith faith and media Film food Gospel Coalition Greg Thornbury Jesse Pinkman Lady Gaga Marshall McLuhan meaning media mediation mortality movies music politics pop culture postmodernism reality TV Royal Wedding Schaeffer sculpture television theology theology and media The Other Journal truth TV Walter White William Dyrness witness