19. We have a Hulk.
18. When our two part interview with the director of Munyurangabo inspired a mad rush of demand for more from Lee Isaac Chung, we delivered big time.
17. We are not interested in any scandals involving R-Patz. And on a related note, we have no desire to revisit the movie K-Pax.
16. We make no distinction between secular and sacred. And sexy.
15. There’s always something to look forward to. (And look, and look, and look…)
14. It’s mostly black and white. And we all know that black and white means “classic.”
13. We refuse to engage culture, and defiantly avoid changing the world.
12. All of our previously published posts are still available, free of charge. Perhaps you’ve read those posts already, but, remember… C.S. Lewis said, “An unliterary man may be defined as one who reads [blog posts] once only. … Those who read great [blog posts], on the other hand, will read the same work ten, twenty, or thirty times during the course of their life.”
11. We are never redundant.
10. We leave judgments of movies’ “moral content” to the experts and try to cover special cinematic interests like artistry.
9. We published Alissa Wilkinson ninth. (That may seem late in the game to you, but have you seen how many places she’s published since then? We may as well have been first.)
8. It’s uncluttered.
7. We’re multilingual: We include the term “au hasard” on our home page.
6. We are not publishing stories about The Dark Knight Rises as if it is a major cinematic event. (No, we don’t think Christopher Nolan’s Batman franchise is to blame for any violent behavior, but the overload of Dark Knight-related debate between critics and fanboys might be.)
5. We are never redundant.
4. We cut through all of the celebrity gossip about Nuri Bilge Ceylan to give you the substantial Nuri Bilge Ceylan coverage you’ve been looking for.
3. We promise that you won’t see anything NSFW. Those days you don’t see new posts? Those were the days we canceled something that was NSFW.
2. We covered Reha Erdem’s Times and Winds before it was cool.
1. For the suspense.